Popular Lyrics Chords
Power Point Lyrics
Christmas Chords, Lyrics
Submit Lyrics, Tabs, Serm
Sermons and Outlines
Rev. 11:1-14 THE TWO WITNESSES
Intro: God always has His witnesses! Even in this time of great wickedness and
absolute rebellion against God, He has His witnesses in this sin cursed world. Ill. The
goal of this chapter and the entire book of Revelation, is to give glory to and to exalt
the blessed Name of the Lord Jesus Christ. This is possibly the most difficult chapter
in this book. It is simply so deep that we could literally spend hours explaining all the
twist and turns that are available here. Howver, we will try to get the gist of the
passage and glean some truth from it. Please notice that the events described here
probably take place within the first 3 1/2 years of the Tribulation. Anti-Christ has
established world-wide peace, a world religion, world economy and a seven year
contract with the nation of Israel. Letís notice the events of this awful period.
I. v.1-2 THE TEMPLE WORSHIP (Ill. The wonder! Men wil build a
temple to worship and sacrifice to a God who has already accomplished all things)
(Ill. 3 Ttemples in the Word of God - 1. Solomonís Temple - Destroyed 583 BC by
Nebuchadnezzar; 2. Zerubabbelís Temple - Destroyed 168 BC by Antiochus
Ephiphanes; Herodís Temple - Destroyed 70 Ad by Titus the Roman.) (Now, the
Temple is the church of believers - Eph. 2:21; 1 Cor. 6:19) There are two temples in
the future - The Millinial Temple - Eze. 40-44; and the Tribulation Temple. The Jews
will rebuild their temple! They are already beginning the processes that will make
this possible. As we study this passage, keep 2 things in mind, 1. We are on Jewish
ground; 2. This discusses a future temple.
A. v.2b The City Mentioned - Holy Cuty - Jerusalem, (Ill. Moslem, Christian,
1. The Jews Must Return To Their Homeland - (Ill. Ridiculed) Fulfilled in
2. The Temple Must Be Rebuilt - (Ill. Ridiculed) Ill. The difficulties involved.
B. v.2c The Chronology Mentioned - 3 1/2 years. v.2, 3, 12:6 ,12:14 (Ill.
Daniels prophecy concerning Antichrist, Dan. 8:10. He will allow the temple to be
rebuilt,but after 3 1/2 years, he wil set himself up as God to be worshipped - 2 Thes. 2:4
C. v.1a-2a The Chastisement Mentioned - Ill. Rod is a type of judgment! This
temple is under judgment from God! Why? It rejects the ultimate sacrifice of
Jesus upon the cross and substitutes the sacrifices of men!
1. A part is given to the gentiles. They will be the instruments of judgment -
II. v.3-12 THE TWO WITNESSES (Ill. The church is gone, but God
still has His men!)
A. v.3-6 The Inauguration of Their Ministry -
1. v.3 They are real people
2. v.3 Sackcloth - Mourning - Preaching Misery - No message of hope and
3. v.3 Preach - Probably preach Jesus as the fulfilment of Holy Scripture.
4. v.4 Olive trees, Candlesticks - Spirit and Light. They will minister in the
power of Godís Spirit preaching His Light. (Ill. Zech 4:3 ,14)
5. v.5 They are Unstoppable - Power to devour enemies with fire, stop the rain,
and send plagues., turn the water to blood.
6. Who are they? Several guesses!
a. Elijah - Mal. 4:5, Ill. Elijah never died. Ill. Elijahs power. (Ill. A lone
voice in his generation)
b. Moses - Moses mentioned in Mal. 4:5 with Elijah. Moses seen with Elijah
in Matthew 17 on Mt of Transfiguration. The miracles and plagues were
preformed by Moses. (A lone voice!)
c. Enoch - He too was alone voice for God. He never died, and all must die -
7. It doensít really matter! What matters is that God has always got His man.
B. v.7-10 The Completion Of their Ministry
1. v.7 Killed by the beast - Rev. 13:1. If you are in Godís will, nothing can
2. v.8 Their bodies lie unburied in the street for 3 1/2 days in the city of Vice,
Vanity and Violence. Jerusalem!
3. v.9 Ill. Ridiculed until the advent of TV. Ill. this will feed the drug induced,
godless, wickedness of the day.
4. v.10 The earth Dwellers will throw a party. The Devils Christmas. Why?
Their preaching troubled the sinners! Ill. The preaching of the Word brings
torment and conviction. It bugs people! People do not like to be faced with
their sin! People hate it now, they will definately hate it then!
C. v.11-12 The Vindication Of Their Ministry
1. They are raised from the dead.
2. God then reenacts the rapture. He shows a godless world what they missed!
(Ill. God will vindicate His people - Ill. Death and Resurrection!0
III. v.13-14 A TERRIBLE WOE
A. Earthquake - tenth part of Jerusalem falls
B. 7,000 notable men die - Ill. Seven number of perfection, God shows who is still
C. The remanant must admit that this is the work of God. (Ill. This will stick in
Antichrists craw!) (Ill. Jail house and death bed salvation!) The kind that will
save you and take you to Heaven is the kind that comes from conviction and
D. The second woe is past, but a worse on is coming!
Sermon By Alan Carr
1999, Higher Praise
All rights reserved.
A Life Changing Experience
Higher Praise, HigherPraise, Higher Praise, HigherPraise