I'll say this for adversity: people seem to be able to stand it, and that's more than I
can say for prosperity.
Contrary to what might be expected, I look back on experiences that at the time seemed
especially desolating and painful with particular satisfaction. Indeed, I can say with
complete truthfulness that everything I have learned in my 75 years in this world,
everything that has truly enhanced and enlightened my experience, has been through
affliction and not through happiness.
Malcolm Muggeridge, in Homemade, July, 1990.
1. Problems often provide us with greater opportunities
2. Problems can promote our spiritual maturity (Ps 105:16ff)
3. Problems prove our integrity (1 Pt 3:15)
4. Problems produce a sense of dependence
5. Problems prepare our hearts for ministry (more empathetic)
Ad Sponsors Keep Higher Praise On The Web