Home Rules to Live By
Courtesy of Tim & Diane Wulburn
Written by Gregg Harris
In this house...
1. We obey our Lord Jesus Christ.
2. We love, honor and pray for one another.
3. We tell the truth.
4. We consider one another's interest ahead of our own.
5. We speak quietly and respectfully with one another.
6. We do not hurt one another with unkind words or deeds.
7. When someone needs correction, we correct him in love.
8. When someone is sorry, we forgive him.
9. When someone is sad, we comfort him.
10. When someone is happy, we rejoice with him.
11. When we have something nice to share, we share it.
12. When we have work to do, we do it without complaining.
13. We take good care of everything God has given us.
14. We do not create unnecessary work for others.
15. When we open something, we close it.
16. When we turn something on, we turn it off.
17. When we take something out, we put it away.
18. When we make a mess, we clean it up.
19. When we do not know what to do, we ask.
20. When we go out, we act just as if we were here.
21. When we disobey or forget any of the rules of this house, we accept the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
Bits of Sonshine, April/May 1992.
Home is the place where, when you have to go there, They have to take you in.
Five year old Brian was impressed by the story of Simeon the Stylite, a Syrian hermit who lived in the 5th century. This man
was admired as a saint because he lived for more than 35 years on a platform atop a high pillar. Determined to follow Simeon's
example, Brian put the kitchen stool on the table and started his perilous climb. When his mother heard some strange sounds in the
kitchen, she came in, and shouted, "Brian! Get down before you break your neck!" As the youngster obeyed, he muttered, "You
can't even become a saint in your own house."
Our Ad Sponsors Keep Higher Praise
On The Web