Higher Praise Bible School
Table of Contents
Select a Chapter
Prev < 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 > Next
Select a Page
First << Prev < 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 > Next >> Last
>> Chapter Five - Pauline EpistlesHigher Praise Bible School - Chapter Five - Pauline Epistles - Page: 42
Practical Section: The Church's Walk (Chs.4-6)
I. A three fold exhortation to the whole church (Read Chs.4:1-5:21)
1. An exhortation to unity (4:1-16). Notice three facts concerning unity:
(a) Qualities essential to unity; lowliness and meekness, long- suffering, forbearance (vv.1-3).
(b) A description of the unity (vv.4-6). Learn the seven unities mentioned in these verses.
(c) The method of producing unity: by the use of gifts, and by the ministry, whose office is to bring the body into spiritual perfection and oneness with Christ (vv.7-16).
2. An exhortation to live a new life--to put off the old man and not live like other Gentiles; to put on the new man and live in conformity to God's plan (4:17-32).
3. An exhortation to a new walk (5:1-20). Dr. Riley suggests three features of the believer's walk as suggested by the threefold mention of the word "walk".
(a) Walk in love (vv.1-7).
(b) Walk in the light (vv.8-14). (c) Walk circumspectly (vv.15-20).
II. A threefold exhortation to the family (Read Chs.5:21 to 6:9)
1. Wives and husbands (5:2-24).
(a) Wives are exhorted to be in submission to their husbands (5:22) because of the relation of man to woman (5:23) and the analogy of the church's submission to Christ (5:24).
(b) Husbands are exhorted to love their wives (5:25) because of the analogy of Christ's love for the Church (5:25-27) and the closeness of the union between husband and wife (5:28-31).
2. Children and parents (6:1-3).
(a) Children are exhorted to obey their parents because of the natural sense of right (6:1) and because of God's commandment and promise (6:2,3).
(b) Parents are exhorted to train their children patiently because of the analogy of God's training of His sons (6:4).
First << Prev < > Next >> Last
You are on page 42 of 166